Construction Mandatory Standard
Must be applied to all construction locations
- Equipment such as chopsaws and circular saws must always be secured to a bench that allows the user to work at a comfortable height and ensures the equipment remains stable.
- The use of such equipment on the floor, or on improvised work benches such as pallets or materials is not permitted.
- Workbenches could include proprietary stands, robust work benches, or cutting stations. Consideration also needs to be given to the method of supporting the material either side of the tool.
- Such workstations should be segregated from general access through use of barriers.
- The use of a proprietary mobile cutting station would be considered best practice (See Proprietary Mobile Cutting Station Visual Standard)