Construction Mandatory Standard
This mandatory standard must be applied at all construction projects.
- Hop-ups can provide safe low level access where used appropriately, however the following requirements must be followed.
- A task specific risk assessment for use of a hop-up must be undertaken.
- Only used for light duty tasks.
- Minimum platform width of 600mm x 600mm (300mm wide platforms are not permitted).
- No more than 500mm high.
- Must have safety catches to prevent legs folding during use.
- Must be subject to weekly recorded inspection.
Works at Height