Construction Mandatory Standard
This mandatory standard must be applied at all construction locations.
- All boom type MEWPs on Morgan Sindall projects must:
- Have a suitable anti-entrapment device which must automatically stop the movement of the machine as soon as a potential entrapment occurs.
- Have an audible and visual warning alarm fitted to alert users at ground level of an entrapment.
- Be taken out of service immediately if not fitted with anti entrapment device.
- A written rescue plan must be in place for any MEWP, and operatives must be briefed on the requirements, and drills undertaken and recorded.
- For Further guidance please refer to Construction Plant Hire Association Guide ‘Avoiding trapping/crushing injuries to people in the platform’.