Construction Mandatory Standard
This mandatory standard must be applied at all construction locations.
- Below are the minimum mandatory requirements for storage of flammable gases on site:
- Keep secure in ventilated LPG storage cages.
- Avoid storing in low lying areas & near drains.
- Must have 10m spacing between temporary or permanent buildings.
- Storage to be no closer than 4m from site boundary unless there is a 30 minute fire rated wall at least 2m high.
- Area must be FREE of combustibles.
- Shade from direct sunlight.
- Further guidance in HSG 168 and Joint Code of Practice.