Construction Mandatory Standard
This mandatory standard must be applied at all construction locations.
- Oil and liquid storage must be bunded to capture accidental spillages. The capacity of the bunds must not be less than which ever is the greater of:
- 110% of the capacity of the largest container or 25% of the aggregate capacity of the containers
- Where drip trays and bunds are used externally they must be protected from filling with rain, as this will reduce their capacity in the event of a spill
- Spill Kits must be available within the immediate vicinity and must be suitably sized for the quantity of liquid stored.
- A designated fire point located in the vicinity with suitable extinguishers
- Locate storage areas:
- Away from traffic routes and plant where they may be easily damaged. (See photo)
- A minimum of 10m from a watercourse, or 50m for a spring or borehole (or alternative measures in place).
- Away from hard surfaces where a spill could run toward a watercourse.