Mandatory - Must be applied at all locations
- Tool Chests to have anti-slam safety features fitted.
- All tool chests/boxes on Morgan Sindall sites MUST be fitted with an anti-slam device that prevent the sudden uncontrolled closure of the lids.
- This can be achieved through a lid stays and security catches combined with dampers that stop the lid half way in the closed position
- All tool chests/boxes MUST be regularly inspected to ensure anti-slam safety features are functional, and repaired or replaced where not.
- The name of the sub-contractor using the tool chest/box must be displayed on the outside of the container when they are on site.