Mandatory - Must be Applied at all Locations
- The handling of flat glass involves the risk of serious personal injury.
- All flat glass supplied to our sites must be:
- On purposed made stillages compliant to BS EN 13035
- Inclined at correct angle – 5-6 degrees from vertical
- Individually banded with belts or straps manufactured in accordance with the requirements of EN 132464.
- On removal of glass from stillage consideration must be given to the remaining glass to be secured appropriately
- Due to the nature of glass transportation there is a risk that a vacuum can be created between sheets therefore appropriate transit pads must be fixed to protect the glass and reduce the risk of injury when unpacking whereby a vacuum could cause a collapse of glass.
- Stillages used in lifting must be of adequate strength for the particular load and lifting operation.