Best Practice - Consider at all locations
- Hook Camera should be considered on all projects with a tower crane. The benefits include:
- Increased visibility for the crane operator for all lifts via live footage displayed on a screen in the crane cab.
- Footage is recorded on a black box or cloud service. This can assist in investigation in the event of an incident and is also useful for training purposes.
- The ability to remotely monitor lifting activities via an app or webpage.
- Solar powered hook cams are also available which reduce the need to charge from an electrical supply.
- Hook cams provide additional audio/visual support to lifting teams and must never be considered as a replacement to a slinger/signaller.
- No blind lifting as the operator can always view the hook.