Mandatory - Must be applied at all locations
- Compact wheeled dumpers present a risk of overturning when used on uneven ground or sudden changes in levels. To minimis this risk the following must be undertaken:-
- Wheeled dumpers with the capacity below 2t are not permitted to be used on Morgan Sindall Construction projects.
- This includes the equipment which has been previously authorised under the ‘Compact Plant Standard’.
- Material logistics must be subject to a detailed risk assessment, ensuring co-ordination of multiply contractors and suppliers is considered.
- Alternative equipment should be considered for material movement minimising the requirement for manual handling, and be subject to a detailed risk assessment.