This mandatory standard must be applied at all construction locations:
- All dust producing cutting tools must be used with Local Extraction Ventilation (LEV), and these must be:
- Minimum of ‘M’ or ‘H’ Class extraction.
- Class type must be displayed on equipment.
- LEV Connection hoses must be made as per manufacturer’s instructions and never make-shift i.e. using duct tape.
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (minimum of FFP3) self checking and face fitted worn in addition to the operational LEV.
- Domestic type vacuums must not be used for LEV.
- For typical dust hazards a suitable COSHH assessment must be carried out to determine the level of respiratory risk in order to prevent occupational diseases.
- All LEV must be thoroughly examined every 14 months, and certification that this has been undertaken provided to Morgan Sindall