Must be applied at all locations
- Operatives involved in operations such as SFS and dry lining are required to handle lengths of material with sharp edges and corners. The correct glove with a high level of cut resistance is required and is routinely provided, but the need to protect the forearms is often overlooked.
- Arm protection can take different forms: Gauntlet type gloves, or “Arm-guards” worn separately to the gloves, such as those worn by the operative in the photo.
- Protection can be obtained up to cut level 5 so selecting the correct protection will depend on the nature of the identified hazard.
- Ensure this is discussed at Pre-Start SHE meetings with sub-contractors to whom this applies and that protection is supplied and used during the works.
- Some branded work-wear has built in wrist protection