This mandatory standard must be applied at all construction locations.
- Where demolition produces dust in sufficient quantities to cause harm to health or a nuisance, suitable methods of dust control must be implemented.
- The following options are available;
- Creating enclosures (including negative pressure)
- Extraction and Filtration
- Water Suppression
- A hose alone must not be relied upon as a means of water suppression as it is ineffective.
- Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) must be the last resort where the above control measures are not reasonably practicable.